What’s it about?
This qualification reflects the role of individuals with substantial experience in a range of settings who are seeking to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions. This qualification is also suited to the needs of individuals with little or no vocational experience, but who possess sound theoretical business skills and knowledge that they would like to develop in order to create further educational and employment opportunities.
Pathways into the qualification
BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business or other relevant qualification OR with vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior support roles but without a qualification.
Pathways from the qualification
BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business or a range of other Advanced Diploma qualifications.
What needs to be completed?
8 elective units of competence are required to complete this qualification within the specific requirements as set out below:
- 6 of the elective units must be selected from the units listed below, with no more than 3 units selected from any one group
- 2 elective units may be selected from elective units listed below, from the BSB Business Services Training Package, or from any current accredited course or endorsed Training Package at this qualification level or Certificate IV or Advanced Diploma level.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Okay, so how do I do it?
Flexible blended learning that is competency focused, allowing students to achieve outcomes at their own pace and maintain requirements of employers through:
- Computer – accessing world class learning and assessments mapped to industry standards and recognised practices through WOLAS Revolution and learning guides
- Workplace – face to face, one on one observations, learning and assessment tasks
- Support – Continuous learning model that combines, 24 hour access to trainers, fortnightly contacts via phone, email, Skype and face to face visits in the workplace
12 months full-time
24 months part-time or through school-based apprenticeship/traineeship arrangements