Work Skills is currently able to offer an opportunity for you to utilise the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program funded by the Queensland Government. For eligible participants, this program means you are able to complete a qualification in business for minimal costs.
The two business courses to choose from:
The Certificate inBusiness Administration
The BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration teaches you office skills such as accounts payable and receivable, keyboard and computer skills, WHS, payroll, scheduling, electronic presentations, spreadsheets, business documents, customer service and so much more. Potential employers will see you have acquired skills and learning around problem solving, teamwork, initiative and enterprise, planning and organising, and self-management.
The qualification requires to complete 13 units of competency (subjects) to obtain the qualification
Only $1.65 per unit = $21.45 for Concessional (the remainder of the qualification is subsidised by the Queensland Government)
Only $4.15 per unit = $53.95 for non concessional (the remainder of the qualification is subsidised by the Queensland Government)
*** BSB30415 Certificate III in Business administration is delivered online only ***
Click here for more details on the qualification
Call 1300 360 567 to seek more information and enrol
The Certificate inBusiness
The BSB30115 Certificate III in Business teaches you a varied range of skills to utilise essential business technology and systems. This course will give you an understanding of workplace procedures including WHS processes, financial record keeping, monitoring and maintaining resource usage, and skills to write business documents. Potential business employers will see that you have completed a business course that has relevance across a broad range of areas including problem solving, teamwork, initiative and enterprise, planning and organising, self-management.
The qualification requires to complete 12 units of competency (subjects) to obtain the qualification
Only $1.65 per unit = $19.80 for Concessional (the remainder of the qualification is subsidised by the Queensland Government)
Only $4.15 per unit = $49.80 for non concessional (the remainder of the qualification is subsidised by the Queensland Government)
*** BSB30115 Certificate III in Business administration is delivered online only ***
Click here for more details on the qualification
Call 1300 360 567 to seek more information and enrol
Concessional student status applies when:
- the student holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card issued under the Commonwealth law, or is a partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner concession Card and is named on the card
- the student provides Work Skills with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, their partner or the person of whom the student is a dependant is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- the student identifies as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- the student is a school student and is enrolled in a VETiS program (may include young people in detention)
- the student has a disability
- the student is an adult prisoner
Note: Student fees may be paid on behalf of a student by a referring agency such as a JAP or other employment service provider and employer , family member or other third parties.Ask a Question Express Interest
How these qualifications are funded.
These qualifications are funded under a program called the Certificate 3 Guarantee.
The Certificate 3 Guarantee gives eligible Queenslanders access to government subsidised training. This subsidy covers up to and including one post-school certificate level III qualification in priority training areas. The Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy for a course is paid to the training provider to reduce the cost of the certificate III course to the student. The amount of subsidy provided by the Certificate 3 Guarantee is determined by the Queensland Department of Employment, Small Business and Training based on their assessment of the demand for skilled workers in particular industries.
The Certificate 3 Guarantee aims to help Queenslanders without a post-school qualification to gain one. It is targeted at certificate III level qualifications because they are considered the entry-level qualification most often needed to gain employment in many industry sectors.
The Certificate 3 Guarantee means that instead of paying for the full cost of a training course, you will pay a reduced amount to make the training more affordable and accessible. Students who enrol in courses under the Certificate 3 Guarantee are required to contribute to the costs of their training through a co-contribution fee. The fee varies and depends on the course selected as well as the training provider.
To be eligible to access the Certificate 3 Guarantee, you must:
- You are 15 years of age or older
- Have finished or left secondary school
- Are a permanent Queensland resident
- Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrant) or temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permit on the pathway to permanent residency or a New Zealand citizen
- You do not hold or are not currently enrolled in a certificate III or higher level qualification (certificate III qualifications completed at school do not apply)
- Employment status does not matter, nor is there any minimum education requirement
*Some school students will be able to access training through the Certificate 3 Guarantee. Years 10, 11 and 12 can undertake a VET in School (VETiS) Program. We can provide information on the eligibility requirements here.Ask a Question Express Interest
- Certificate 3 Guarantee Student Fact Sheet
- Certificate 3 Guarantee FAQs
- Students are required to provide specific feedback to the training organisation within 3 months of completing the course. Work Skills will provide the feedback form to be used.
- It is important that you take the time to consider and compare your training options and costs as a completed Certificate III course will use your Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy entitlement.
- Work Skill Refund Policy
- Work Skills Complaints and Appeals Policy
- Work Skills resources and Information:
- Work Skills Website
- Electronic Enrolment Form (Survey monkey)
- LLN screening to be completed
- Certificate 3 Guarantee Student Declaration
- Evidence of Australian Citizenship, NZ Citizenship or Permanent Residency: Green Medicare Card or Australian/ NZ Passport or Australian/NZ Birth Certificate or Permanent Visa
- Evidence temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permit on the pathway to permanent residency – Letter from Immigration Department stating visa details or Visa type label from Passport and VEVO check by Work Skills
- Evidence of Queensland Residency: Queensland Driver’s Licence (Front & Back), Heavy Vehicle or Marine Licence, Dept. of Veterans Affairs/Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, Bank Statement issued within last 6 months, Australian Electoral Commission document,Contract of property purchase, lease/rental document, mortgage/land ownership certificate, Electricity, gas or telephone account, Queensland local government rates notice, Queensland vehicle registration certificate or renewal notice, Australia Taxation Office assessment/Tax-file number confirmation notice, Official letter from Centrelink or the Department of Human Services
Evidence of Date of Birth: Queensland Driver’s Licence (Front & Back), Heavy Vehicle or Marine Licence, 18+Card, Birth Certificate or Birth Extract, Australian, New Zealand or International PassportAsk a Question Express Interest
SHARRON JACKSON HR OFFICER (INDIGENOUS EMPLOYMENT), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN QUEENSLAND
USQ has used Work Skills' services for several years. We find the Work Skills online learning and assessment system (WOLAS) to be fantastic. It is one of the few systems I have seen that allows the supervisor to track and manage the progress of our trainees. Additionally, our trainees find their workplace assessment to be very easily managed through WOLAS as they can complete and submit their work in one easy system. The Work Skills trainers are very skilful and knowledgeable and are always approachable and very reliable, especially when responding to trainees and their supervisor's requests.
CRAIG JONES OWNER/MANAGER, TYREPLUS BURLEIGH HEADS
Tyreplus Burleigh Heads has used Work Skills training and assessment services for our staff for over 10 years. We have found their on the job training methods to be very flexible and reliable and fit perfectly with our busy tyre store. We like how the Trainers customise the training to suit the types of jobs we do here and this means our students see how the learning applies to their job. When it came to obtaining my own qualification naturally I chose Work Skills to complete my qualification through RPL, which was a rewarding way to show how my years of experience is of value. I enjoyed the experience.
IAN FROST MANAGER, OZ TUNE
OZ Tune use Work Skills because of the experience, knowledge and the old school values of their Trainers. The Work Skills on the job training method allows for the Trainer to engage with my apprentices and get the most out of them. The ability to discuss and tailor the training with the trainer at the workplace allows me to manage my apprentices training with the workplaces needs.
GARY MENEGHEL KITCHEN OPERATIONS MANAGER, TANGALOOMA WILD DOLPHIN RESORT
Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort believes Work Skills services to be very reliable and effective. We enjoy the cost efficiency of the Work Skills training and assessment service as their on the job training methods means that our apprentices and trainees do not have to leave the island to attend a college to participate in training, as Work Skills Trainers comesto us and are always willing to work hands-on with the students in our kitchen.
COLIN HUTTON WORKSHOP FOREMAN, DOLLIS AUTO
Here at Dollis Auto we have used Work Skills for nearly 15 years. As a small family owned business we find Work Skills on the job training methods work really well for our busy shop. We don't lose our apprentices to block training as the Work Skills trainers come into our workplace and perform hands on training with our staff. This type of training allows for the training to be customised to our workshop needs and the apprentices can progress at their own pace.
SAJITH VENGATERI HEAD CHEF, BAR ALTO
Bar Alto uses Work Skills training service for many reasons. We find the experience, knowledge and passion of the Trainers are exceptional. The Trainers are very personable and hands on. They take time to listen and understand the business's and students' needs. The Work Skills on the job training are a great fit for our restaurant as this allows for all parties to meet regularly to discuss, plan and address the progress of our apprentices.
Another innovation of Work Skills is the WOLAS electronic system because it minimises the amount of paperwork required and allows us to better track the student's progress which is fantastic for a busy restaurant like ours.