Helping school children get a foot in the door
Work Skills offers 3 key benefits to schools who are developing their students through the VETiS pathway.
Work Skills Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) is the delivery of nationally recognised qualifications to school students, providing them with the skills and knowledge required for specific industries. VETiS can be undertaken in years 10, 11, and 12, and can count towards the Queensland Certificate of Education. Work Skills has been successfully delivering training in schools for over 27 years.
1. The Work Skills VETiS Scope provides pathways into high demand jobs in Queensland
- AUR20216 Certificate II in Automotive Air Conditioning Technology
- AUR20416 Certificate II in Automotive Electrical Technology
- AUR21216 Certificate II in Automotive Underbody Technology
- AUR20916 Certificate III in Automotive Tyre Servicing Technology
- SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT20416 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
2. The perfect blend of practical training and online learning.
The student’s practical learning is delivered through a blend of face-to-face training in the classroom or workshop. Every student has online login access to their learning and assessment work, which they can access at anytime, anywhere, from any web-enabled device.
WOLAS Revolution is our online learning delivery platform, using the blended method of face-to-face and online learning and assessment. It allows students, trainers, and schools 24‑hour access with 100% support.
Through WOLAS, the VETiS program offers:
- High-quality face-to-face training and online assessment work, supported by learning videos, infographics, and activities
- Options to customise the student portal to match school branding
- The ability to customise training plans to meet your requirements
- Absolutely no additional resource charges to access WOLAS Revolution
- A unique “Overwatch” feature, which allows the school VET coordinator, Industry Liaison Officers, or even parents to monitor progress and engagement
3. Students are able to finish what they start
Work Skills has a mission to ensure all students finish what they start. We are committed to supporting every individual through to completion with excitement, success, and a feeling of accomplishment. Through WOLAS Revolution, all parties are able to work together to ensure learning and assessments progress to achieve the desired outcome; a qualification to be proud of.